In this unprecedented and challenging time, our team is extra vigilant when it comes to the health and safety of our staff and students. For this reason, we have implemented the following protocols during drop off.
- No child will be accepted into the daycare if the child is exhibiting ANY flue like symptoms including but not limited to: fever, extensive runny nose, or cough. A fever constitutes any temperature above 100.0.
- Every child and staff member will have their temperature taken daily prior to entering the daycare and the temperature will be logged.
- We have provided sanitizers throughout the facility and in each classroom.
- All students and staff are required to wash and sanitize their hands upon entry into the facility.
- Parents and guardians will not be allowed past the main lobby. Students will be brought out to the parent from the classrooms. No more than 2 families (4 people) will be allowed in the main lobby at any time.
- ANYONE entering the facility, whether the main lobby or into the classrooms, MUST wear a mask at all times regardless of vaccination status.
- Students ages 2 and up will be encouraged to wear a mask as well to the greatest extent possible, excluding meal time and nap time.
- All toys and touch surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day. Any toys that are mouthed will be kept in a separate bin marked "Mouthed Toys" in each class and not reintroduced to students until cleaned and sanitized thoroughly.
- All cleaning solutions follow the strictest guidelines of the Department of Health in terms of percentage bleach to water allowed in a daycare setting for the safety of staff and students.
- A cleaning team will be servicing the facility at the end of every day to ensure maximum cleanliness and sterilization.
- A hospital-grade air filter will be turned on at the end of everyday for at least 15 minutes in each room to provide additional germ sanitation.
Upon entering the classroom:
- Students and teachers are required to wash their hands.
- Students and teachers are required to change into their indoor shoes.
Throughout the day, the following safety protocols will be adhered to by staff and students:
- During nap time, cots will be spread out as far as possible through out the room. In the event that social distancing is not possible, students will be placed in a head to toe pattern to avoid face to face contact.
- During meal time, students will be spaced out at tables to allow for maximum social distancing.
- During play time, students will be limited to 2-3 students per center, allowing for social distancing while encouraging community play. Students will have individual boxes with their names clearly marked on them for materials that are used more often, such as arts and crafts materials, play dough, and writing tools.
- Students and staff will remain in their respective classroom during the day with minimal to no interaction between classes.
- Only ONE class at a time will be making trips to the bathroom or playroom area.
In the event that a staff member or student has been exposed to COVID-19, the class will be immediately quarantined. The class will remain closed for 10 days per CDC guidelines.
Parents will be notified to pick up their children as soon as possible.
The infected individual will be sent home immediately.
In the event that a parent reports exposure, the child will be required to quarantine at home for 10 days per CDC guidelines.
No toys from home will be allowed in the program. No exceptions. The only items that a child may bring from home are food items in a container, clearly labeled with the child's name and date; any speciality items due to allergy such as a crib sheet for infants who need a special type of detergent to prevent allergic reaction; nap bedding, and a change of clothes.
If a child or staff member becomes ill while at the facility, the person will be immediately isolated. The staff member will be asked to go home. The student will be placed in the care of the Center Director, either in the office or in a designated area outside of the classroom and will be supervised until the parent or guardian comes to pick up. The child will be kept comfortable as much as possible while waiting.
In case of emergency, first responders will be called and the emergency contact and parent will be notified promptly.
Anyone who is sick must follow these Wellness Protocols to return to the daycare.
Copyright © 2023 Maven Valley Prep Daycare Park Slope - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder
Please do not register for a private tour if your child is going to be attending 3K in September.